Event Spotlight: Bald Eagle Golf Outing!
Sunday, July 26 at the Suffield Country Club
Join Us ~ Become a Member of the Friends of the Farm at Hilltop (FOFAH)
Members support the goal of “preserving, protecting and enjoying Hilltop Farm as a learning facility.” Your tax-deductible membership contribution helps to establish an educational resource for people of all ages.
Your membership donation as low as $20 will help:
- Continue to renovate and prepare the Large White Dairy Barn for public use.
- Maintain facilities and leased Town Open Space as community assets and learning venues.
- Develop activities and programming that will benefit the extended community.
- Support land stewardship by actively enhancing wetlands and nesting bald eagle sites.
- Establish access to the 2500 ft. Connecticut River frontage.
Our all-volunteer organization is renewing the Hilltop Farm Site and bringing it into a new era. Since July, 2002, a core group of community volunteers has shepherded the FOFAH vision to restore the dairy barn and establish a farm and educational center.
In that time we have:
Put the Hilltop Farmstead on the National Register of Historic Places.
Done extensive work on the white barn and renovated 3 barns in the leased open space.
Signed agreements with USDA-NRCS and CL&P to mitigate invasive species and restore and enhance wetlands in the leased Town Open Space.
Coordinated with CT DEEP to protect the nesting Bald Eagles.
Added a new fire exit from the barn upper level required for fire safety.
Completed a new driveway through the front pasture.
Sponsored 11 Farm Fest Weekends and 3 Hendee Day Celebrations in addition to walks, talks, lectures, workshops and Farmer’s Markets
We will soon:
Bring a new water supply to the property and install a sprinkler system in the white barn.
- Restore two of the houses on the farmstead; the Heardsman's residence and the Administrator's Residence.
Become a member and help bring Hilltop Farm back to life.